Akis talks through his match day 1 UCL fantasy team


,

Here’s Akis as he talks through his UCL fantasy team for match day 1

Akis talks through his match day 1 UCL fantasy team

Here are a few words on my MD1 team which obviously has been designed to serve my strategy described in my earlier article




Structure

The main objectives of the team are:

– Inter: 2 Defenders
– Bayern: 2 Defenders + Lewa
– Ajax & City: 2 Attacking assets
– Value starters that can fill the bench and pop into the squad if the need arises.

Goalkeeper

Vlachodimos (Benfica)

Benfica starting keeper for day1 at a surprising fee of 4.0m(!!)

Neuer (Bayern)

for day 2. The most probable clean sheet of the MD

Defence

Kimmich (Bayern).

What a player! He plays as a Defensive/Central Midfielder, he can score, assist and has excellent prospects of clean sheet bonus.

Skriniar & Vrij (Inter).

Conte has already built a good defending shape with his 3-5-2 and I expect a clean sheet against Slavia Prague.

Tagliafico (Ajax).

Not sure about the clean sheet, but the price (5.0m) together with his amazing attacking capabilities (with a variety of decent finishers) makes the Argentinian DL a must for my defence.

Ramalho (Salzburg).

A starter DC, at a decent price (4.5m) who can score and has excellent clean sheet prospects against weak opposition (Genk).




Midfield

Ziyech & Promes (Ajax)

Ajax can easily score 3 or 4 goals against Lille. The Dutch team has scored 19 goals in 5 games in Eredivisie and I hope that they can keep the same pace. Ziyech & Promes (together with Tadic) are the basic contenders for a spot in the scorers’ list.

KDB (Man City):

The man needs no introduction. I expect an easy win for Pep’s side and hopefully, KDB will have an assist (or even two), maybe a goal and why not then clean sheet bonus.

De Jong (Barcelona):

The new Barcelona “brain” comes only at the price of 6.0m. He has proven passing ability and a lot of targets to aim upfront (Messi, Griezman, Suarez). Taken his price is an excellent choice against a team (DVB) who can easily concede goals.

Tousart (Lyon):

A 4.5m starter DMC of a very attacking team playing at home against a mediocre team, is a good choice for my bench.

Attack

Lewandowski (Bayern).

Bayern is the biggest favourite of MD1. Lewa has scored 7(!!) goals in 4 matches in Bundesliga. He plays alone in a 4-2-3-1 and has almost 5.5 spg. His talent and goal-scoring ability are world-famous. It is a MUST for me and same for 33% of the players who have already picked him. I really wonder what the other 67% are thinking about…?

Aguero (Man City).

I hope that Pep will start with him upfront. I do not feel that he will be rotating players in the opening CL game. The Argentinian is a serial-killer and can easily score a hat-trick against any team (definitely Shaktar).

Martinez (Inter):

A starter in Conte’s 3-5-2, against a weak team at home. If you add to that his amazing price (5.5m) and the possible absence of Lukaku…you have a bargain. I expect a 3-0 for Inter and at least one goal for Martinez who, btw, leads Inter spg list in Serie A.

Captaincy

Lautaro Martinez will be my Captain for today. If he fails, then the “big Lewa” will certainly take the armband tomorrow.

Good luck to everyone!

UCL fantasy FFGeek league

Here’s the link to the site

https://gaming.uefa.com/en/uclfantasy

Here’s the FFGeek league code:     40Q5B4MUX9

Social Media

Follow FFGeek on twitter and facebook and instagram for article updates and news