Here’s my final Barclays fantasy premier league team. Believe it or not there are 8 changes from the first draftFirstl’y the conservative fantasy premier league manager in me succumbed to the fear of not having RVP. As I said in my earlier articles not having someone so prolific with such high ownership would be difficult choice when he las yaer was captain virtually every week. I also started having my doubts about my alternative captain pool which was a little midfield heavy. The rotation that looks likely at Chelsea and some of the chat about Mata subject to a late fitness test in GW1 also made me think again about loading up for the double gameweek which freed up some cash.
Here’s is the final fantasy premier league team team plus changes:
- Silva (£9.0m)
- NEW (H)
- Instead of Mata. Too much chat about him not starting the Hull game and to accommodate RVP he had to go. There is some doubt about him starting GW1 as he was in Ecudaor but in the end he seems the safest non rotatable bet in the City attacking ranks and I’m sure he will have a better season than last year
- Morrison (£4.5m)
- CAR (H)
- Jedinak out. Morrison in. I’ve gone for the 2 player midfield rotation between Kim below who I’m fairly certain will play and Morrison who’s my punt. I really struggled between him and Barkley for that position but in the end went for him just as I felt he was closer to playing than Barkley after his stunning pre-season
- Price ( £4.0m) Crystal Palace
- Although I think Davis is the £4.0m keeper that has the best chance of playing and has been swapping positions in pre-season his ownership of 17% means that if he doesn’t start then his value will drop over the international break in September when people start using their wildcards. You could take the view that if you’re not going to sell him then what does it matter but if for any reason you had to sell Mignolet the other elite keepers of value ie Szczesny and De Gea both have a little rotation risk so should have a back up. The others such as Hart and Cech are pretty expensive at £6.5m so would you choose them?. So halfway through this article I changed him from Davis to Lewis Price of Crystal Palace (hence the Saints jersey in the pic). Palace yesterday bought Neil Alexander who is a 35 year old GK who played 36 games for Rangers in Scotland last season in league 2. He’s not on the site as yet but I guess would be 2nd choice if Speroni were injured. Price wont play but he wont drop in value when he doesn’t.
- Chester (£4.0m)
- CHE (A)
- No change
- That’s it good luck to everyone in fantasy premier league GW1
- Fantasy premier league league code: 149188-42149Telegraph fantasy football: Code 8000919 league name: fantasy football geekSky Sports fantasy football: League name: FANTASY FOOTBALL GEEK PIN 8001875Sun Dream Team: League name: fantasyfootballgeek Password: ffgeeksun League pin: 8035028
Here’s the link to my GW1 fixture ease schedule: