Here’s the fantasy premier league news shorts for Monday 21st January 2013 including QPR strikers, Zabaleta, Torres, A Cole, M Wilson and price rises and falls
- Cisse has left QPR to go on loan in Qatar – Remy now seems certain to continue upfront although Zamora is back next week but is unlikely to be immediately match fit. Harry sees Remy and Zamora up front with Taarabt in support Maybe we will see more goals from QPR. This may also give a boost to Taarabt who continues to create chances which are unfinished.Remy’s movement is good, he’s quick and he’ll score goals for us I’m sure, ‘He’ll give us something different. I fancy him and Zamora together. I’ve got to find a way of playing them two, and then Taraabt, to get the best out of them.
‘It will give us a bit of attacking threat. Taarabt could play in a diamond, in behind. If Bobby is fit it will make a big difference to us. I love him.’
- Zabaleta looks like he will be fit to play next week in the FA Cup after getting the ok from the scan. Good news for fantasy premier league managers who have him due to his monopoly on the RB position with Maicon and Richards both injured with no return date.Zabaleta told the club’s website: ‘I took a kick on the top of my foot which caused me a lot of pain afterwards and that’s the reason it was better that I came off.
‘Thankfully, the scan showed there was no serious damage.
‘I should be fine for Saturday but it will be a couple of days before it is 100 per cent again.
‘I did some bike work on Monday morning and on Tuesday I will try some running so I’m sure I will be available for the game against Stoke.’
- Benitez tells anyone who listens that fans who criticise Torres are “clueless”. unfortunately amusing as this is, the fantasy premier league managers dream scenario of Ba playing in the PL and Torres in the Cups doesn’t seem likely after Torres started the crucial Arsenal game. Granted he will want Ba to play in order to turn round the semi on Wednesday which is the only hope that the dream may still be alive but statements like this make it more and more unlikely and fantasy premier league mangers will have to choose between him and Mata for their teams as both seem a stretch given the rotation policy and the fixtures. The one saving grace for Ba is Torres will have to play in the Europa league as Ba is cup tied. Here’s the full quote:
Fernando was doing a great job,Afterwards, Demba gave us something we didn’t have before. These people who like to quote stats and stats, they don’t have any clue about what is going on.
‘When you have one striker for a month and a half and cannot change, it’s more difficult for the striker. When you have now two strikers, you can manage.’
Ashley Cole agrees a new 1 year contract. In a sea of rotation Cole seems more certain of game time than anyone and this says that Bertrand is no ready and they wont be rotating Cole to prepare Bertrand for next year.
- £4.0m Stoke cheapie Marc Wilson recovery and return to action is delayed by the cold weather according to Pulis. This is very disappointing for fantasy premier league managers looking forward to a very cheap road in to the stoke defence. however a recent sequence of horror results has lessened the pain but GW24 doesn’t look that likely when Pulis wont even give a date. not great when the cold weather potentially could mean postponement and you have an injured player on your bench like this fantasy premier league manager“The cold weather is not helping Marc, “We have to be very careful in these conditions when he is coming back from an injury of this nature, so that is taking its toll at the moment.
“Marc has been a massive miss for us over the past three months and we want him back as soon as possible, but we have to get it right.”
He added: “He has been coming along nicely in training over the past few days, but it’s difficult to say at the moment when he’ll start playing.”
- 6 price £0.1m rises some interesting ones including Sagna and Walcott after the DGW and after a shocker for Sagna who must be worried about Jenkinson taking his place. Mignolet is also rather bizarre with 3/4 defenders out? Lukaku Davies and Dzeko are less surprising. 13 £0.1m falls including Benteke bizzarely.