Here’s the 2nd part of article on how we spend our cash in fantasy premier league and I decided to practically test out my article
In fantasy premier league we should never take 1 strategy for granted and should always be willing to challenge our own ideas. If you read my original strategy article on the 23 rules you’ll remember 1 rule was to have an almost “mentor” situation so your ideas are always challenged, one of these ways was to follow teams of fantasy premier league that have been consistently successful So I decided to pick a few peoples teams who have been consistently successful, by that I mean with a combined 15 times in fantasy premier league they have only finished outside the top 5,000 5 times so worth taking a look at. All are currently in the top 4,000. Here’s the 3 teams as per last game week
|Team 1||Team 2||Team 3|
Apart from the fact that all 3 have Michu, Walcott Berbatov and RVP, they all have a similar structure
- At least 2 elite team defenders – 1 has 4!
- 4 reasonably expensive midfielders with the 2 obvious striker/midfielders of Walcott and Michu in all 3
- 3 quality strikers, no Pogrebnyak type
Now they all have values over £105m so alot more to play with than me but it does show a pattern
So what does this mean?
- A balanced team with a core of 2 elite defenders then cheap back ups is backed up by this article and the 1st one I did.
- The 4 reasonably expensive midfielders plus 1 cheap reserve and 3 quality strikers is the other common theme structure
- If it wasnt obvious everyone should have RVP, Michu and Walcott
I hope that gives something more to think about with your January wildcard team