Here’s a fantasy premier league team solely picked for GW14, No other fixtures taken into account, just gameweek 14.
Fantasy premier league team – picked just for gameweek 14 only
- After a terrible defensive performance away to Hull it’s another potential line in the sand for the Liverpool defence. Norwich have only scored 3 goals away from home in 6 matches. They had 3 blanks and not scored more than one in any away game. With RVW, Snodgrass and Pilkington injured they’ve got 3 first choice players out. No clean sheet here could be a real turning point against the Liverpool defence
- Anytime you play Crystal Palace there’s got to be a chance of a clean sheet. Palace have only scored 4 goals on their home ground and 3 were against Sunderland. West Ham have only conceded 4 goals away from home which is less than any other team. Even with Reid out this looks like a good clean sheet chance.
- Despite the 8 goals conceded in 2 games against Man City and United the Spurs defence is definitely worth coverage.Remember before that spurs had got 7 clean sheets. Walker dominated the free kicks and set pieces and is the less rotation prone than the CBs. Fulham have only scored 6 goals at home. One of the worst in the division. There maybe a post Jol sacking boost is the only negative
- Bit of a punt from the Oscar/ Hazard debate here. After Lampards performance at West Ham where the addition of Mikel sitting defensively gave him licence to go forward I thought he was worth including for the Sunderland game. Also has pens. Sunderland under Poyet have improved defensively with 2 clean sheets in his 6 games in charge. however, I can still see Chelsea scoring here. Man City were unlucky not to score and did rip them apart creating chance after chance
- Home to Norwich is a good time to include and attacking player. Should get more central and forward with Sturridge injured. Has had reasonable shooting stats and been unlucky only to get 1 goal since coming back from injury. Norwich have conceded more goal away from home than any team including 7 at City and 4 at Arsenal
- Could have gone for Ozil as well. Hard not to include Ramsey in current form though especially after his 2 goals at Cardiff. Only Sunderland, Stoke and Norwich have conceded more goals away than Hull. His ability to drift into the box means he can score against packed defences at home. Having Ozil in your team also helps.
- I generally default to Walters in the extremely rare cases that Stoke have goal prospects. Only scored 1 goal and 1 assist so far this season. Generally the biggest goal threat from midfield but just has major conversion problems. Not a transfer in I would recommend but has a good chance of picking up points against Cardiff. They’ve conceded 10 goals in 6 games away with 1 clean sheet only.
- After 2 difficult games away to Arsenal and Chelsea, Saints are home to Villa. Villa away have been a strong defensive unit only conceding 5 goals n 6 games. However with Saints last home game being a 4-1 demolition of Hull, I’m backing them to be among the goals again. Lallana will be at the heart of everything they do as well.
- In brilliant form. Overall, in 8 games he’s scored an incredible 9 goals and 4 assists. He’s returned in 6/8 games. At home he’s returned in every game. 6 goals and 2 assists in his last 5 games. The Norwich defence away from home has been hopeless. 4 conceded against Arsenal, 7 against Man City. They’ve conceded more goals away than any team. Only 1 clean sheet away to Stoke. Only Stoke and Fulham have worse underlying defensive stats away.
- He’s returned in 9/13 games this season (7 goals and 4 assists). At home he’s scored 4 goals and 2 assists in 6 games returning in 4/6 games. Current form is a little patchy only returning in 2 of his last 5. Hull away have struggled compared to their home defence. They’ve conceded 2 goals away in every game apart from Spurs. Southampton hammered them 4-1 in their most recent away game and took them apart. City and Chelsea struggled although both got 2 goals eventually. Hulls away defensive underlying stats are among the worst in the division, although they have had some difficult fixtures
Follow us on twitter @fantasyfoot20 or facebook at www.facebook.com/fantasyfootballgeek.co.uk
Fox Sports EPL fantasy: League name: fantasyfootballgeek League access code: (10513-1773)