Here’s our fantasy premier league team tips GW32 article where the 2nd group of the FFGeek contributors show their teams for GW32+. In this part there’s Sergio Torija, Chris Tucker, Scott Taylor, Andrew Whitfield and Alex Ball
Fantasy premier league team tips GW32 – FFGeek contributor’s teams part 2
I outline my FPL strategy along with 10 other FFGeek contributors in our new EBook.
Join the FFGeek FPL Patreon site
* access to the FFGeek Contributor tracker team incl live transfers (28k OR)
* Weekly podcasts
* Joe’s interactive transfer planner & team incl live transfers (23k OR)
* imaginary wildcard articles
* Slack channel access
$2 & $3 tiers.
No commitment beyond 1 month
This is part 2 of the FPL managers who contribute to the FFGeek site with good histories who show their teams each week. This will give people a feel for what other managers are doing. It’s a fairly informal thing with no obligation on anyone and these teams may change at anytime before the deadline without further notice. In the future it also wont cover early transfers. It’s just to give an idea of the trends for the week no more.
See the part 1 contributors teams article here as well
Sergio’s last 3 seasons were 596k, 17k and 21k
GW31+ points: 83 on WC (FPL average 62) Total points 1,901 Overall Rank: 11k, green arrow 1k, Team Value: £102.0m
Sergio has used his Bench Boost chip and used his 2nd Wildcard in GW31+
A week of big contrasts within my team, I played my wildcard and managed 83 points, but only a small 1K green arrow, so that is ok. My wildcard team is below. My two greatest concerns were Pope and particularly TAA, since they are so highly owned, and this week it went horribly wrong in that sense with both getting into the double figures. Also, my alternative captain pick of Vardy cost me 9 points against the safe play of Salah, again another big loss. On the better side of the wildcard pick, all my starting defence and goalkeeper kept their cleans, and thanks to my latest wildcard movements I included Martial, the star player of the week.
This week I feel good to field a strong 11, so no need for a transfer, which will give me more flexibility one week later with 2 frees. Vardy the one most at risk unless he does something this week.
In contrast, I don’t feel great about anyone as captain, all the attackers could be options I suppose, will go for Martial hoping he continues firing, Jimenez as vice.
Good luck everyone!
Summary: carrying over a free transfer: Captain Martial vice Jimenez
Chris’s last 2 seasons overall rank were 17k and 1k
GW31+ points: 86 on WC (FPL average 62) Total points 1,892 Overall Rank: 15k, green arrow 3k, Team Value: £103.1m
Chris has used his Triple Captain and Bench Boost chip and used his 2nd Wildcard in GW31+
Having wildcarded last week, the plan had been to use my Free Hit this week. It seemed the most obvious point what with City playing Liverpool coupled with my lack of Arsenal coverage and their plum fixture against Norwich. I also felt this would be the aggressive strategy needed to build upon the rank gains made over the last couple of gameweeks.
However, the issue is that I just don’t trust Arsenal. Sure, Aubameyang will be the captain favourite, but given his current form, I’m not convinced that he is worth using a valuable chip on. Is he really going to score more than say Jiménez or Rashford? That’s debatable.
I’m anticipating a relatively low scoring gameweek and do wonder how much damage would actually be caused by sticking with the current squad. Arsenal aside, the teams I would focus my Free Hit squad around would likely be United, Wolves and Chelsea, and my existing team already has six players from these trio.
So, as it stands, I am still pondering whether to use my Free Hit. If I did, the squad might look something like as set out below: it would likely have triple United attacking coverage as well as triple Arsenal. Captain would have to be Aubameyang.
If I do not use the Free Hit, I would probably captain Rashford to capitalise on United’s excellent form, and save my transfer.
Best of luck to you all!
Transfer summary: To be confirmed
Here’s how my Free Hit would look
Scott finished with an overall rank of 1k last season and 12k in 17/18
GW31+ points: 89 on WC (FPL average 62) Total points 1,882 Overall Rank: 20k, green arrow 8k, Team Value: £104.0m
Scott has used his Triple Captain and Bench Boost chip and used his 2nd Wildcard in GW31+
Subject to any injury need, rolling over transfer.
Armband on Jimenez at the moment but will keep an eye on the polls.
Transfer summary: Carrying over a free Transfer. Captain Jimenez
Andrew finished with an overall rank of 6k last season and 19k in 17/18
GW31+ points: 103 on BB (FPL average 62) Total points 1,814 Overall Rank: 124k, green arrow 99k, Team Value: £104.4m
Andrew has used his Triple Captain, 2nd Wildcard and Free Hit chip and used his Bench Boost in GW31+
Well the games come thick and fast now. No time to blink and the next one arrives. I am still adjusting to the “new normal”. I still haven’t worked out if I prefer “natural stadium silence “ or the crowd belting out artificial renditions of “blue moon” and “you’ll never walk alone”. And did I really witness a “quintuple substitution” !!!!!
– After a few frustrations and things not quite dropping my way in my GW30 free hit, watching every man and his dog score more hundreds than my fellow Yorkshireman, Geoffrey Boycott, it was very pleasing to post a successful score on bench boost this week and redress the balance.
– 103 points meant a welcome green arrow of 99k. Since the post lockdown return of FPL, I have managed to boost my rank from 241k to 124k, so the feel good factor has returned as I look to gain some momentum for a strong finish in the final seven weeks.
The GW31+ talking points:
– I wanted to play the bench boost early as the likelihood of injuries and rotation will only increase as the weeks progress. Bench players will “auto sub” in more frequently and disappear from the bench, rendering it less effective. A total of 12 points from my bench boost is not fantastic but it’s welcome extra points. Boly was a nice bench clean sheet as he was my one transfer in. Lascelles conceding a clean sheet in the last ten minutes was frustrating. The pleasing thing was getting all 15 players on the pitch.
– The captain choice was very close. Bruno Fernandes was very popular but his total reliance on penalties and keeper clangers for most of his points so far was enough for me to resist the armband, even against a depleted Sheff Utd defence. Jimenez was the other candidate but for all his consistency, his goals come in ones. He only has three double digit hauls this season. So I trusted the armband to Mo Salah, who else, who has only blanked three times at Anfield this season which included five previous double figure hauls in front of the Kop. The Liverpool terraces were empty this time of course but Mo duly made it SIX Anfield double digit hauls.
– Trent Alexander Arnold has more FPL points than Aubamayang, Kane, Aguero, Rashford, and Mane, and costs less, much less. He can deliver points in so many ways. A sweet free kick and clean sheet contributed to his 14 points. How can you not own him at just 7.8M when he is outscoring the 11-12M premiums.
– Its looking like tripling up on Man Utd and Wolves for their great fixtures is becoming essential. I have Rashford and Fernandes rather than Martial so missed his hat trick, but picked up two Rashford assists. Six clean sheets out of eight for United. Maguire completed a full set of clean sheets across my defence, including keeper Pope with a ten pointer !!
– I brought in Boly for Lundstram as my only transfer last week to pair him with Doherty against Bournemouth for the bench boost which worked well. Jimenez and Doherty look great FPL assets. To add either Traore or Boly both look great options. I like the defensive double up with six clean sheets in seven games now for Wolves !! But Traore is frightening to me so i don’t know what the defenders are thinking !!
– Mason Mount and Calvert Lewin didn’t come to the party and are the only two players in my starting eleven who have blanked twice since the restart. Mason Mount really should have scored when clear through. Both players have good fixtures next up so I am not in a rush to sell just yet.
What next – GW32+
– Having played free hit and bench boost since the restart, I am now “chip free” for the last seven gameweeks. That’s good as I can just “play the game “ without distractions. It’s unusual but just a consequence of having no double gameweeks left in the last seven weeks.
– One positive result of building my team with free weekly transfers during the three month break is that now everyone else seems to be wildcarding on to most of my players and my team value is improving fast. Of the eight players I bought in lockdown, they have now increased in value by 1.5M so that was a productive lockdown activity !! Those using unlimited transfers and then not wildcarding immediately are now also seeing their double gameweek assets all plunge in price and their team values have really suffered. Not having the wildcard escape to bench boost all the doublers last week was frustrating when compared to those that did and posted big scores, but I am very pleased how things have ultimately worked out for me with a team value around 105M that can only help for the run in.
– Now I have played bench boost, I can offload my second keeper and put the 0.5M into my starting eleven. Another reason I played it early. Pope can cover as sole keeper, with good fixtures apart from Liverpool. He seems to be a magnet for bonus points.
– Aurier is a tempter for Maguire for extra funds as he offers more attacking threat too and fixtures are good. Very happy with Trent, Doherty, Boly and cover from Lascelles so Aurier is my only consideration in defence. It would only be to raise funds as I am happy with my defence as it is.
– Martial instead of Rashford is tempting as he is playing more central and is in form, whereas Rashford is out wide and looks a little rusty after his lay off. But having Fernandes and Rashford is good united cover. I don’t want to lose my three premium midfielders so Martial for Mount would mean a significant downgrade on Rashford which doesn’t bring many good options. It’s not easy to get Martial unless I go 442 or 352.
Pulisic for Mount has some appeal but would need a bit of fund raising, which I could ultimately do by trading down my sub keeper and going Maguire to Aurier.
– Jesus is interesting now that Aguero is injured but he won’t suddenly play every game and is more expensive than Rashford. I am not convinced he will play more games than he did before. Sterling can play upfront too. Jesus didn’t start at Chelsea in Aguero’s first game out.
– Son is obviously very appealing but that would mean losing Salah or De Bruyne or Fernandes. I could add Son as a fourth mid and lose Rashford in a 442. I think i would rather have Rashford than Son.
– I want to keep De Bruyne and Salah as we have seen how explosive they can be and i am sure they will punish sellers and won’t be rotated any more than other players will be. Salah looked good against Palace. Going without salah or Mane is not a route i fancy, even now they have clinched the title and De Bruyne can just destroy you.
– There are lots of options and when I am undecided, experience tells me to do nothing. By having two free transfers next week, it will give me plenty of different directions to turn. I want to keep all options open and roll the transfer for two next week.
My GW32 line up and captain:
– Aubamayang looks a standout captain if you still own him. Even after three blanks. Is it worth getting him, probably for a -4, just for a great game at home to Norwich, when I don’t want to keep him after this week, to switch in and back out, using up two transfers, when it would disrupt the balance of my team ? It’s just one of those “hide behind the sofa” games that happen. It’s surprising how often the big hauls don’t happen in these scenarios. There were numerous examples last season when the premiums failed to justify the one week only punts so I won’t go there.
– I like to captain premium assets as I have done the last two weeks with Aguero and then Salah. They have so much “upside “ and they are proven FPL assets who can be explosive. But salah plays De Bruyne this week so it might just be one of those rare weeks when I take the armband off the premiums. Rashford has brighton away too. So I am currently on Jimenez at Villa. It’s possible he gets a rest sometime, compared to Salah and KDB looking certain to play in such a high profile game, but Jimenez is in form and Villa is a nice fixture.
– I am always going to have bench dilemmas where one of Boly, Mount or Calvert-Lewin miss out. It’s a nice problem to have. Ultimately that call might be taken away from me when rotation increases, which it will. Mount at West Ham and Calvert Lewin v Leicester have more upside than a Wolves clean sheet and Boly has limited attacking threat, so that’s where i am this week.
Summary: Rolling the transfer this week with a view to two ( or three possibly ) next week.
Captain currently on Jimenez.
Alex’s last 5 seasons overall rank were 523k, 17k, 10k, 28k and 3k
GW31+ points: 71 (FPL average 62) Total points 1,751 Overall Rank: 410k, red arrow 39k, Team Value: £105.5m
Alex has used all his Chips
Carrying over a free transfer