Here’s our FPL team tips GW15 article where the 3rd group of the FFGeek contributors show their teams for GW15. In this part there’s Joseph Crilley, Chris Tucker, Keith Spencer, Andrew Whitfield, Jordan Sadler and Rob Cosgrove
FPL team tips GW15 – FFGeek contributor’s teams part 3
Geek note: If you join our Patreon site you will get access to an FPL contributor tracker team which combines the contributors individual teams each week to show their favourite players, transfers and captains. It will always be completed on a Friday/Saturday in a normal gameweek. There will also be an accompanying spreadsheet so you can drill down further. Currently 821 points 76k overall rank
You also get:
Weekly podcasts with the Geek and the other contributors
Joe’s interactive transfer planner and points projection tool
FFGeek private leagues
Access to the FFGeek Slack channel for discussion with the contributors and members
NEW Weekly FFGeek contributor imaginary wildcard articles
$2 and $3 tiers per calendar month. No commitment beyond 1 month
This is part 3 of the FPL managers who contribute to the FFGeek site with good histories who show their teams each week. This will give people a feel for what other managers are doing. It’s a fairly informal thing with no obligation on anyone and these teams may change at anytime before the deadline without further notice. In the future it also wont cover early transfers. It’s just to give an idea of the trends for the week no more.
Joseph’s last 3 seasons OR were 28k, 7k and 13k
GW14 points: 51 (FPL average 51) Total points 826 Gameweek rank 3,532k, Overall Rank: 59k, red arrow 3k, Team Value: £104.9m
After 51 points at the weekend, I sit at 59k with two free transfers to use and several possible ways of using them as my team already has bench issues pre-transfer! Mount is becoming an issue as he simply isn’t delivering lately with just a single assist in his last six games, but the fixtures remain strong, so it isn’t an easy transfer out. As I write, I am also in the dark regarding the fitness of Abraham besides some rather uninformative quotes from Lampard on Sunday, but I would ideally keep him due to his great value and he remains the second-best striker option in the game for me.
A transfer that I would really like to make is to swap Pope for Henderson in goal as a double-up on the Sheffield United defence seems a great strategy to me. Given that the vast majority of managers own Lundstram, a single clean sheet will not result in any real improvement in rank, but additional representation could provide a promising differential. Many managers will avoid the double-up due to the fear of losing two clean sheets in one blow. However, I believe that there is a strong potential for clean sheets over the next five fixtures and I would like to take advantage of this opportunity by bringing in Henderson.
The downside is that I have 0.0mil in the bank so am unable to make the direct swap so I would need to use the second transfer to raise funds which would also help prep my team for GW18. I think that my preferred option is to move Mount out the side as I would likely bench him this week anyway and I could then bring in Grealish early; positioned for Villa’s nice fixtures from GW18. Strangely enough, he could be on my bench for the next three gameweeks but that sits just fine with me. A similar option is to bring Targett in for Tomori, again positioned for that fixture run – this would be my route if Abraham is ruled out just for Wednesday’s game. If Abraham is confirmed to have a more serious injury, then I would swap him for Ings and make the Henderson transfer still.
Apologies for the indecisiveness, but I need some more information before making my transfers! Captain is much easier as I will be returning the armband to Vardy for the obvious reasons.
All the best to everyone this week and may your arrows be green!
Transfer Summary: Pope to Henderson and either Mount to Grealish, Tomori to Targett or Abraham to Ings
Follow Joe on Twitter
Team below is pre transfers
Chris’s last 2 seasons overall rank were 17k and 1k
GW14 points: 46 (FPL average 51) Total points 821 Gameweek rank 4,700k, Overall Rank: 77k, red arrow 20k, Team Value: £103.8m
A disappointing gameweek. I had an inkling it would be one to forget when Sterling, who I had finally sold hours earlier, scored early in the lunchtime game. A Mané captain failure represented the biggest issue; watching the highlights, it was clear that he should have returned. He certainly seemed to look more threatening than Vardy. Never mind. You win some, you lose some!
Despite a poor score last time out, my team is in reasonably good shape. I could field a decent first eleven and am therefore considering holding the transfer.
However, I am also toying with removing the obvious weak link in my side – Connolly. With £4.7m in the bank, I could stretch to Lacazette. But I am reluctant to use all my funds, especially with Arsenal’s fixtures turning soon. Instead, I could go for a better cheap option, say an Ings, Ayew or a Mousset. The latter is my preferred option right now.
So assume that my team below has one of these cheaper forwards in a front three, and Tomori dropping out to first sub.
Best of luck to you all!
Transfer summary: To be confirmed likely to be Connolly to Ings, Ayew or Mousset
Keith’s last 3 seasons overall ranks were 44k, 3k and an incredible 325th overall
GW14 points: 44 (FPL average 51) Total points 818 Gameweek rank 5,072k, Overall Rank: 90k, red arrow 28k, Team Value: £103.2m
Transfer summary: Martial out. Dele Alli in
You can follow Keith on twitter here
Andrew finished with an overall rank of 6k last season and 19k in 17/18
GW14 points: 50 (FPL average 51) Total points 812 Gameweek rank 3,809k, Overall Rank: 116k, red arrow 9k, Team Value: £103.0m
Well plenty of drama in GW14 !!
VAR was as dramatic as it gets with a 95th minute offside correctly over ruled for a Leicester winner, another retaken missed penalty, Chelsea flopping without Tammy Abraham, De Bruyne and Sterling scoring just as people are dumping them for Salah and Mane ( who both blanked ), Van Dijk showing the midfield duo how it’s done, two goals each for Aubameyang and Alli, and a first goal in nine games for Pukki !!
Not a good week for defenders, with only Palace and West Ham managing clean sheets.
It was a gameweek that promised much with some one sided looking home games for Liverpool, Leicester, Spurs, Man Utd and Chelsea – so an average gameweek score of only 51 was down on expectations. I went in with triple Liverpool v Brighton and triple Leicester v Everton and nine players playing at home, so I was disappointed it didn’t go quite to plan with an underwhelming score and seven players blanking.
I feel like I escaped though, despite the popular hauls from Van Dijk and Aubameynag, who I don’t own. A small 9k red arrow for me, down from 107k to 116k, ended a nice run of three successive green arrows. 50 points against the average of 51, so no disaster. Just four returning players but three of them in double figures including my captain, and I pretty much held my position in my mini leagues, so no real damage done.
What went well:
– I got the 50-50 captain call right with Vardy over Mane, though only a 4 point gain. He looked like blanking for a while but in the end could have had more than he did. He was on full bonus with 10 mins to go so that late winner wasn’t helpful, as it cost me maybe another 4-6 bonus points. I have captained Vardy over the last three weeks and he has got me 60 points in three weeks !! I see no reason to take the armband off him this week either.
– The Liverpool full backs can’t keep clean sheets for toffee, but they keep knocking in those attacking returns instead. Two assists this week for Trent, after Robertson had previously had 8 returns in 10 weeks. Who needs clean sheets from those two !!
– Six returns in seven games for Jiménez and an assist on his debut for my team. Back to his form of last season !! I brought him in for Tammy Abraham in my 442, so with fixtures looking good, together with his hot form, happy to keep him in against a returning Abraham, whose ownership is now down from 50% to 33% so not quite the risk he was.
– Two goals in two games for De Bruyne with maximum bonus points this week bringing him 10 points. He is my sole City attacker. Not many now have him and Sterling together so as long as he matches Sterling I will be ok.
What didn’t go as well:
– Liverpool have the second best defence in the league, so you can’t say they are bad, conceding only 12 goals in 14 games – but only two clean sheets which is incredible !! That’s now ONE goal conceded TWELVE times !! It’s getting almost funny now, but very frustrating too !!
– Mason Mount has four successive blanks so could be on the chopping block soon. He needs some points against Villa this week or I could well dis Mount from him !! Plenty of value mids waiting in the wings so he needs to deliver quick.
– Blanks for Lord Lundstram, Soyuncu, Robbo, Pope and Mane can be forgiven after their recent returns. Maddison blanked on his first game for me but I am very happy to be a Maddison owner now and he almost scored too. Mane blanking was probably a blessing given his duel for captaincy with Vardy.
– McGinn needs to become Grealish who is running the show for Villa
So what next;
– I have 1.4M in the bank and one free transfer.
– I am pretty happy with my core starting eleven who are largely in form. The exception is probably Mount. I could swap him for Zaha who is coming in to form and has the fixtures to match. Or I could downgrade McGinn who is effectively a sub most weeks, down to back in form Cantwell and that allows me to upgrade Mount to either Pulisic or Martial. So good options for Mount if he continues to stutter.
– If I don’t downgrade McGinn, I could swap him for Grealish. That means if Mount does have to go, I could get both Zaha and Grealish competing for that fourth midfield spot, which I quite like.
– But this week – Mount gets a last chance and I need to get my bench players upgraded with 9 gameweeks in 40 days as the rotation is inevitable and they will definitely be needed . The time is now here for Mr Greenwood to finally leave my side having been quietly delivering one pointers to my bench since week one. I had earmarked my spare cash and planned to bring in Ayew this week with Palace having such great fixtures, but he has blanked in the last four – so instead for the same money, I am now bringing in Mousset of Sheffield United who has equally good short term fixtures and has five returns in the last six !!
– So this weeks transfer is Greenwood to Mousset, who is starting, in form and offers greater points potential when called upon, even though he will compete for first sub with McGinn.
– It says a lot about my contentment with my starting eleven that in form Mousset can’t get the nod at home to Newcastle. I feel like I have that extra fire power on my bench now for when that squad rotation kicks in over the hectic next few gameweeks.
I really can’t look beyond Vardy at home to Watford !!
It picks itself with TEN players at home, plus De Bruyne !! It doesn’t get much better than that !! Mousset is first sub if called upon.
Greenwood out and Mousset in.
Mount is definitely on trial with Zaha, Pulisic and Martial also on trial for his place.
Good luck for the three day midweek GW15.. and don’t miss that UK Tuesday 6.30pm deadline !!!
Jordan finished in 14k last season and 76k in 17/18
GW14 points: 47 (FPL average 51) Total points 795 Gameweek rank 4,439k, Overall Rank: 235k, red arrow 38k, Team Value: £104.2m
Another average week, scoring 47 and dropping 38k ranks to 235k overall. Only 4 returns, though 2 were double figure returns at least. Should really have been 5 though as the way Liverpool conceded was plainly ridiculous and incredibly poor etiquette from Atkinson. I’m also quite surprised how poor Spurs have been defensively under Mourinho so far. I thought Gazzaniga would be excellent value under him but it’s seeming to be the complete opposite.
Transfers: Decided to take a move away from the template and bring in Son as a differential alongside removing the injured Abraham. Abraham might be fit for Wednesday but I just thought I’d take the gamble anyway. So the double transfer was Tielemans and Abraham for Son and Mousset taking my third hit of the season. Mousset is looking like an excellent value striker at £5m with 7 goals/assists in his last 6 games and 5 goals 3 assists in 500 minutes so far this season. Son is looking as lively as ever under Mourinho, though if can’t spare the extra £1.3m then Alli seems to be as good if not a better option currently as well.
Saka third, Rico second and Mousset first sub. I’d love to play Mousset but I think it’s only really Lundstrum and Soyuncu I could drop for him and both have good home fixtures.
Vardy. Vardy. Vardy. I’ve captained Mane enough now over Vardy and it’s not worked out so time to go with what I expect will be the majority. He also has a far better fixture this week as Watford have the third worst goals against in the league and Liverpool always seem to struggle to score against Everton.
Good luck with gameweek 15.
Transfer summary: Tielemans and Abraham out for Son and Mousset in
You can follow Jordan on twitter here
Rob’s last 3 seasons overall rank were 45k, 40k and 23k
GW14 points: 54 -4 (FPL average 51) Total points 759 Gameweek rank 2,914k, Overall Rank: 737k, red arrow 24k, Team Value: £101.9m
transfer summary: Martial out Zaha in
FFGeek Contributors League
The FFGeek contributors combined team is going well in 5th place and with 821 points and an overall rank of 76k. You can follow that team, including live transfers, on our subscription Patreon site.
There’s also Joes transfer planner team with 792 points and an OR of 260k
There’s loads of other features on the Patreon site that you can read about at the top of the page
FFGeek league codes:
fantasy premier league: fnqq66
Sky Sports fantasy football: fantasyfootball.skysports.com/leagues/join with PIN 8426114
Telegraph fantasy football European Super League: League PIN: 8186902 League Passcode: 2113
Sun Dream Team:
Classic League PIN: SGDKX9Y3