Here’s our article where 4 FFGeek Contributors with their FPL team tips GW16. Each show their GW16 teams. There’s Harry Vernon, Andrew Whitfield, Kev in Canada and Alex Ball. Harry, Alex and Kev have played their wildcards
FPL team tips GW16 – 4 FFGeek Contributors teams part 3
I outline my FPL strategy along with 10 other FFGeek contributors in our new EBook.
A reminder of the additional Patreon content
$2 plus Vat per calendar month
* Weekly podcasts with myself and the FFGeek Contributors
* All the articles on www.fantasyfootballgeek.co.uk advert free
$3 plus Vat per Calender month (plus the above)
* access to the FFGeek Contributor tracker team incl live transfers (52k OR in 19/20)
*access to Joseph Crilleys transfer planner and points projection tool
* access to the the Patreon Planner team runs from Joe’s planner projection tool incl live transfers (32k OR 19/20)
* Imaginary wildcard articles
*Bandwagon and Sinking Ships articles
*Slack Channel access
*access to private FPL leagues
No Commitment beyond 1 Calender month
This is part 3 of the FPL managers who contribute to the FFGeek site with good histories who show their teams each week. This will give people a feel for what other managers are doing. It’s a fairly informal thing with no obligation on anyone and these teams may change at anytime before the deadline without further notice. It won’t cover transfers in real time either. It’s just to give an idea of the trends for the week no more. The teams are shown as their “final-ish” teams so they could change. Where they have twitter accounts I have shown this and they may update them there or on our Slack Channel which is part of our subscription Patreon site but this is not guaranteed
Harry Vernon’s last 4 seasons are 22k, 6k, an incredible 224th and 6k
GW15 points: 65 (FPL average 41) Total points: 931, Overall Rank: 121k, green arrow: 100k Team Value: £103.5m
Harry is using his wildcard this gameweek
Follow Harry on twitter here
A strong game week and I have now climbed in the ranking from 400K two GWs ago to 121K.
Out of my defence only Robertson (2) was unable to keep a clean sheet. Martinez (10) picked up 2 save points and 2 bonus and my (and Pep’s) defensive partnership of Dias (6) and Stone (6) returned their 5th consecutive clean sheet when playing together.
Bruno (12) picked up his customary double-digit haul away from home.
Mo Salah © (4) De Bruyne (3) and Grealish (2) all blanked.
Up top, my patience with Watkins (11) paid off. He spectacularly returned 3 assists and was unlucky not to score himself, hitting the woodwork twice.
Bamford (8) scored a penalty but Calvert Lewin (1) did not score.
I am activating my Wild Card.
I will captain Mo Salah.
As mentioned before, in GW18 I will play my Free Hit chip and in GW19 I will Bench Boost
Transfer summary: Harry has activated his wildcard
Here’s the latest wildcard draft:
Andrew finished with an overall rank of 132k last season and 6k in 18/19 and 19k in 17/18
GW15 points: 62 (FPL average 41) Total points: 929, Overall Rank: 130k, green arrow: 81k Team Value: £103.6m
Andrew has used his wildcard
Follow Andrew on twitter here
Gameweek 15 summary:
– A very tight turn round of back to back game weeks !!! No time to blink and lots of important decisions to be made !!
My GW15 score:
– 62 points from six returning players, with a full house of four clean sheets from Martinez, Dallas, Dias and Walker Peters. A 12 pointer from Bruno Fernandes and a goal from Bamford completed the “returners “.
– Calvert-Lewin, De Bruyne, Grealish, Adams and Salah all surprisingly blanked from promising looking fixtures. But with Salah being such a popular captain, it mattered little, especially when Kane and Son blanked again !!
– I am sure I am not the only one to leave Soucek’s 10 points at first sub. It was a sound decision to start Adams instead. I was happy with choosing Walker Peters and Dallas over both Coufal and Taylor so that worked out well on a week where plenty of points were benched !!
My current rank:
– I am delighted with my NINTH successive green arrow !! That’s taken me from 1.6M at GW6. An 81k green arrow this week, up from 211k to 130k. So very pleasing !!!
So what next:
– I am building towards double gameweek 19. I currently have 9 “doublers”, 5 single game players and a non playing keeper. My plan is to “free hit” GW18 when I only have 5 players. I will go into GW19 with 11 doublers including a full playing bench all with two fixtures.
– I plan to have four single game players in GW19 with Martinez, Grealish, Dias and Son . Aston Villa still have two extra double gameweeks to come and I have value tied up in Martinez and Grealish. Dias is a reliable source of clean sheets, and Son has Sheff Utd in the double week.
– I have seen a lot of people busting up their team to get 15 doublers. Remember they might not even play twice, single game players can out score the doublers and it’s going to cost a lot more to buy back the single game players you lose !!
My GW16 plans:
– I am going to let go of Kevin de Bruyne, a fantastic player but not at the top of his game. I am switching him to Son who now has back to back home games against Fulham and Leeds. Son is dangerously highly owned and I need either him or Kane for these two games. It also gives me about 2M extra to boost my team for the double gameweek period.
– I am going to let Calvert Lewin go too. He hasn’t found the net in five games including the league cup, he has Man City next and only one game in the double week. So I am going to go with Vardy who has two attractive away games next where he exels most. He also has two nice home games in the double week.
– I did consider a Spurs double up of Kane and Son for these next two fixtures. But that would leave me short of funds to bring in a 2nd playing keeper for the double gameweek when I also plan to bench boost. I would also probably switch Kane to vardy for the double gameweek anyway so rather than book a transfer in, and having to wait until GW19 to also get a keeper, I am going straight to Vardy now.
– I will need to take a -4 hit to get both Son and Vardy this week but I am going to get it done because Calvert-Lewin has Man City and who knows what other fires might break out. It means I can make my 2nd keeper switch in GW17 when Martinez has Man Utd away. I can then free hit in GW18 and have a spare transfer in GW19 for anything else that arises. I don’t want anything pre planned for GW19
De Bruyne to Son
Calvert-Lewin to Vardy
Captain could be Fernandes v Wolves, Salah v Newcastle or Son v Fulham. Still to decide. It’s currently on Salah but could change.
Good luck everyone and I hope you remember the 1.30pm monday deadline as we move quickly on to GW16 !!!!
Here’s the team with transfers made:
Kev in Canada
Kev finished 48k last season 6k in 18/19 and 195k in 17/18
GW15 points: 51 -4 (FPL average 41) Total points: 899, Overall Rank: 371k, red arrow: 14k Team Value: £103.4m
Kev is using his wildcard this gameweek
Follow Kev on twitter here
Normally I would type up quite a bit but I am strapped for time right now.
Here is where I am at with my Wildcard. I am playing around still though. Will only have one of Son or Kane. Kane gives me a second pool D…
Like I said, I am still tinkering with it..
Transfer summary: wildcard activated
Here’s the latest draft
Alex’s last 6 seasons overall rank were 312k, 523k, 17k, 10k, 28k and 3k
GW15 points: 46-4 (FPL average 41) Total points: 911, Overall Rank: 255k, red arrow: 57k Team Value: £102.8m
Alex is using his wildcard this gameweek
Follow Alex on twitter here
transfer summary: Wildcard activated
Here’s the latest draft:
FFGeek Contributors League
The highlighted FFGeek contributors combined team finished with an overall rank of 52k last season is going ok in 2nd place with total points of 966 and an overall rank of 22k. You can follow that team, including live transfers, on our subscription Patreon site.
You can also follow Joe’s transfer planner team which finished with an overall rank of 32k last season currently in 18th place with total points of 884 and an overall rank of, 556k.
There’s loads of other features on the Patreon site that you can read about at the top of this page
Auto join the FFGeek FPL league