Here’s an article where 5 FFGeek Contributors show their FPL teams GW15. There’s Harry Vernon, Andrew Whitfield, Kris O, Rob Cosgrove, and Kev in Canada
FPL teams GW15 – 5 FFGeek Contributors teams part 1
I outline my FPL strategy along with 10 other FFGeek contributors in our new EBook.
A reminder of the additional Patreon content
$2 plus Vat per calendar month
* Weekly podcasts with myself and the FFGeek Contributors
* All the articles on www.fantasyfootballgeek.co.uk advert free
$3 plus Vat per Calender month (plus the above)
* access to the FFGeek Contributor tracker team incl live transfers (52k OR in 19/20)
*access to Joseph Crilleys transfer planner and points projection tool
* access to the the Patreon Planner team runs from Joe’s planner projection tool incl live transfers (32k OR 19/20)
* Imaginary wildcard articles
*Bandwagon and Sinking Ships articles
*Slack Channel access
*access to private FPL leagues
No Commitment beyond 1 Calender month
This is part 1 of the FPL managers who contribute to the FFGeek site with good histories who show their teams each week. This will give people a feel for what other managers are doing. It’s a fairly informal thing with no obligation on anyone and these teams may change at anytime before the deadline without further notice. It won’t cover transfers in real time either. It’s just to give an idea of the trends for the week no more. The teams are shown as their “final-ish” teams so they could change. Where they have twitter accounts I have shown this and they may update them there or on our Slack Channel which is part of our subscription Patreon site but this is not guaranteed
Kris’s last 4 seasons overall rank were 39k, 44k, 46k and 23k
GW14 points: 94 (FPL average 60) Total points: 870, Overall Rank: 191k, green arrow: 211k Team Value: £103.7m
Kris has used his wildcard
Decent week (as it was for many of the FFGeek Contributors) has seen my rank halved, which is always nice and I’m now in the top 200k for the first time this season.
I was pleased with my team coming into this week, but the Chilwell injury has put a bit of a dampener on that. He was out at the start of the season and we are about to hit a busy schedule so I’m weary of holding on if he’s likely to miss out. Taylor away to Leeds is not a perfect replacement and I’m tempted by Coufal who’s at home to Brighton which is a good entry point and he’s also a nice option for DGW19. Captain Salah, as it might be for many of the upcoming matches.
Transfer summary: possibly Coufal for Chilwell
Here’s the team prior to any transfer being made:
Andrew finished with an overall rank of 132k last season and 6k in 18/19 and 19k in 17/18
GW14 points: 94 (FPL average 60) Total points: 867, Overall Rank: 211k, green arrow: 229k Team Value: £103.0m
Andrew has used his wildcard
Follow Andrew on twitter here
See Andrew’s blank GW18 and double GW19 strategy article
Gameweek 14 summary:
– Well a high scoring week with Liverpool hitting seven goals and Man Utd hitting six !! Mo Salah caused ripples by not appearing until the second half but still managed two goals and an assist, which was later matched by Bruno Fernandes. So if you owned both and captained one of them, it was a great week !!
– This week was all about which of the popular “big six premiums “ you were on, with Vardy also scoring big, De Bruyne with a solitary assist, but significantly a rare blank for both Kane and Son.
My GW14 score:
– 94 points from eight “returners”, including a 34 point captain is very pleasing. Fernandes (C) and Salah contributed 50 points between them, Grealish also returned double figures after two late assists, De Bruyne, Calvert Lewin and Charlie Taylor had an assist each, with Dias and Martinez continuing to rack up the clean sheets, three in a row for Martinez and four in five games for Dias since I picked him up.
– Despite such a huge week, there was still a sense of frustration on Monday night as the very late loss of the Burnley clean sheet and with it the potential bonus points too for Charlie Taylor cost me the magical 100 pointer !! Plus Chilwell limped off after ten minutes !!
My latest overall rank:
– A “rank halving week” from 440k to 211k shows what can happen when the big scores arrive. Very happy with EIGHT successive green arrows now from being at 1.7M at GW6 so that’s proper momentum. Just 18 points off the top 100k and 30 points off the top 50k shows how close it is !! So I am very pleased how things are progressing.
Life behind the sofa:
– I have been without Spurs players since my GW9 wildcard which has been interesting to say the least. I don’t usually have the balls to take on such highly owned players as Kane and Son. But it’s proved to be the right call with those supposedly tougher six fixtures yielding only two wins, and significantly only six goals. I have used a combination of De Bruyne, Fernandes, Salah and Vardy against them in those six weeks. In the same period that Spurs scored just six goals, Leicester scored 8 goals, Man City scored 11, Man Utd scored 16 and Liverpool 18 !!
– It’s been a busy time behind the sofa watching Spurs games when their high ownership can cause so much rank damage but that run of consecutive green arrows and goals stats show it’s been worthwhile and the right play, and it’s really projected me up the rankings. All I needed was a week when Spurs blanked and a couple of my premiums went big, and it finally arrived. Strangely it was last week, with Spurs at Liverpool, with De Bruyne and Bruno Fernandes having great fixtures against West Brom and Sheff Utd that looked to be the big opportunity. The perfect storm actually came a week later instead !!
– With Spurs having Fulham at home in GW16, followed by Leeds at home, and Sheff Utd to follow, I will certainly be getting either Kane or Son back in my team. I am sure there will be plenty more sofa hiding going on over the coming weeks though. That’s all part of FPL !!
So what next:
– I have 0.3M in the bank and one free transfer. I am drafting these notes before the midweek League cup quarter finals so any significant injuries will alter any plans below.
– The injury to Chilwell has put a spanner in the works for sure. So I will await that news this week with interest. The obvious replacement is his fellow Chelsea full back Reece James, but he is injured too !! I will wait for news on both before making a decision. If one of them is back soon, I might even hold Chilwell this week and use my bench as I have a full compliment of playing defenders with a good mix of defenders. If the Chelsea full backs are both out, I will have to look at other options !! I can’t stretch to a Liverpool full back, so a straight Chelsea switch to Zouma or a Man City double up with Cancelo are also options.
– I will want Kane or Son from GW16. So I have a massive decision to make whether to lose Salah, Fernandes and De Bruyne. Of the three, it’s likely to be De Bruyne. I could upgrade Grealish to Son and downgrade Chilwell to a non playing defender. But Grealish has looked good and I want a full bench for a GW19 bench boost, so it’s likely to mean losing De Bruyne, who is not a “rank buster” like Son and Kane but is still a dangerous player to go without.
– I could look to switch De Bruyne to Kane from GW16. Kane has back to back home games against Fulham and Leeds, while De Bruyne has Everton and Chelsea away, so it looks the right move. I can still get De Bruyne v Brighton in my free hit in GW18. With Man City having West Brom and Sheff Utd from GW20 and Spurs having more tricky fixtures, I could then continue with the Man City and Spurs “Hokey Cokey”.
– A switch from De Bruyne to Kane would mean two moves so I could do a Southampton switch of Adams to Ward Prowse to keep two Saints players for the double week.
– If Chilwell is out , I could instead look to switch De Bruyne to Son and use the money to upgrade Chilwell to Robertson which actually looks quite an attractive move currently. But I would wait to GW16 as I don’t want to miss De Bruyne v Newcastle this week.
The blank and doubles:
– There is no magic strategy to navigate the big blank GW18 ( 5 games currently ) or the big double GW19 ( 15 games currently ), as it depends on your own personal team and how it’s made up. Some will be blessed with lots of blank GW18 players and be better suited to free hitting double GW19.
– For me, everything has aligned perfectly for a free hit in GW18 and a bench boost in GW19. I only currently have five players in GW18 so a free hit works well. I already have nine GW19 “doublers” . I want to keep at least three single game players in GW19. Otherwise, you end up “busting up” your team and going without key players before and after GW19 and being stuck with lots of unwanted doublers. I am happy to go into GW19 with 12 doublers including a full playing bench all playing twice, plus 3 single game players I want to keep. That’s still a potential 27 games in GW19 !!
– I already have three playing bench players who all have two games in GW19. So I am already well set. I only need a 2nd playing keeper with two fixtures and I am good to go.
– At the time of writing, there is still the possibility of extra games going into GW18 and GW19 which will further affect the make up of my team for those weeks. If Villa were to get an extra game in GW19, that would gjve me 11 doubles so apart from getting a second keeper in, I have nothing to do now other than play my normal game !!
– It depends on the Chelsea full back diagnosis. I am likely to roll the transfer this week. I have Coufal for West Ham v Brighton and he can step in for Chilwell and I still have further defence cover in case Dias was to be rested. If I do the De Bruyne to Son switch in GW16, I can do Chilwell to Robertson at the same time. I am not looking to take unnecessary hits this week when I have good squad depth to cover the situation.
– The GW15 fixtures look quite appealing.. I have Salah at home to West Brom, De Bruyne at home to Newcastle, Grealish at home to a Palace side who conceded seven last week, Bamford is at home to Burnley and Calvert Lewin with 12 returns in 14 games has bottom club Sheffield Utd. Then there is always Bruno Fernandes who can score anywhere !!
– Captain likely to be on Salah. He is in the form of his life and won’t be on the bench for two league games in a row.
GW15 likely roll over the free transfer
– GW16. I will be bringing in either Son or Kane for De Bruyne. That would involve either Adams to Ward Prowse ( if Kane ) or Chilwell to Robertson ( if Son )
– Finally. I wish you and your loved ones a peaceful and happy Christmas.
Good luck for GW15 !!
Here’s the team assuming no transfers are made:
Harry Vernon’s last 4 seasons are 22k, 6k, an incredible 224th and 6k
GW14 points: 90 (FPL average 60) Total points: 866, Overall Rank: 221k, green arrow: 180k Team Value: £103.0m
Harry has yet to use any of his chips
Follow Harry on twitter here
Harry’s last week’s report did not get published among others due to the time constraints so here it is as well as this week’s.
Just before the GW 13 deadline I was not sure who would be the best captain option, KDB or Bruno. I chose right. With his 2 bonus points KDB © (8) outscored Bruno (2) but in hindsight most of my defence did better.
Chilwell (5) returned an assist. Martinez (8) and Taylor (6) played out a goalless draw and Dias (0) was unfortunate to score an own goal, when City looked like they should have kept a clean sheet.
Up top Bamford (6) and DCL (5) maintained their great form with a goal and an assist respectively. In 13 games DCL now has 11 goals and 3 assists and Bamford has scored 9 and assisted 3. Watch and learn Watkins (1)! Hopefully he will come good with 2 good fixtures.
In the middle of the park, Mo (7) scored again and Grealish (3) should have returned.
All in all, I have risen to the cusp of 400K which is encouraging.
A great GW with 90 points. I got a massive green arrow from 401K to 221K overall and green arrows in all my league except of course a red arrow in the FF geek Contributors League. It is the toughest league!
My midfield were the stars this GW. Mo (16) Bruno © (34) Grealish (10) and KDB (5). Up top DCL got another assist (4) whilst Bamford (2) and Watkins (2) blanked. But was by all accounts the latter was unlucky to have a goal chalked (2). Martinez (6) and Dias (9) each returned another clean sheet. No doubt Chilwell (1) would have too if he had not gone off injured. Coady (1) also blanked.
My transfer for GW 14 was to remove Dier for Douglas the cheapest defender in the game (3.8m) to free up funds.
For GW15 I plan to get Robertson in for the injured Chilwell. Liverpool home against big Sam’s WBA offers at least a clean sheet. My other transfer will be made after the League Cup matches. Pep is delighted with his centre back partnership of Stones and Dias and their 4 clean sheets in 5. I will match him and sell Coady for Stones.
Liverpool have the bit between their teeth so Salah © will be my captain. If Salah is rested De Bruyne (v) will take his place
Transfer summary: Likely Robertson in for Chilwell out and Stones in for Coady out
Here’s the team prior to any transfers being made:
Kev in Canada
Kev finished 48k last season 6k in 18/19 and 195k in 17/18
GW14 points: 93 (FPL average 60) Total points: 852, Overall Rank: 357k, green arrow: 317k Team Value: £102.8m
Kev has yet to use any of his chips
Follow Kev on twitter here
Situation: I am one week away from my wildcard being activated. I have Jesus, Chillwell and Reece James injured. I have already changed Jesus to Bobby Firmino.
The strategy: wait on Lampard news and hope that one or both of the Chelsea defenders are fine. I would like them both in my team for the wildcard anyway so perhaps leaving them alone for a week is the answer. For now I will just make the one transfer and if it turns out we hear their injuries are more serious, I may activate the WC this week. If I do I will write an article.
Captain is same as everyone else this week I suspect: Mo Salah
Vice: De Bruyne
Good luck and Merry Christmas.
transfer summary: Jesus out Firmino in
Here’s the team with transfer made
Rob’s last 4 seasons overall rank were 64k, 45k, 40k and 23k
GW14 points: 90 (FPL average 60) Total points: 751, Overall Rank: 2,579k, green arrow: 792k Team Value: £102.1m
Rob has used his wildcard
A good week! I changed my captain last minute from Grealish to Bruno Fernandes because I was scared of the Big Sam factor at West Brom and what a decision that was! Only negative is Gross not playing at all meaning my auto sub of Holding comes in with -1 points from his own goal which is annoying!
Continuing with my planned transfers to set my team up for the double game week sees Gross leave my team and Walcott come in. A perfect entry point away to Fulham too, and if Ings is injured he should play up front again.
Captain is a split decision between De Bruyne and Salah and I will be going Salah for 2 reasons: 1) form and 2) the fact he plays late on Sunday!
transfer summary: Gross out and Walcott in
Here’s the team with the above transfer completed:
FFGeek Contributors League
The highlighted FFGeek contributors combined team finished with an overall rank of 52k last season is going ok in 3rd place with total points of 904 and an overall rank of 40k. You can follow that team, including live transfers, on our subscription Patreon site.
You can also follow Joe’s transfer planner team which finished with an overall rank of 32k last season currently in 20th place with total points of 814 and an overall rank of, 958k.
There’s loads of other features on the Patreon site that you can read about at the top of this page
Auto join the FFGeek FPL league