Here’s the “ones to watch” for forwards on the Barclays fantasy premier league in a buy hold sell format for GW6. This will give the best forward players at a variety of price ranges
There is no rule for forwards just pick the best ones especially now with goals virtually guaranteeing bonus points:
I’ve provided the following stats to support the player choices and to guide you in your decisions. I’ve now moved this to this year’s stats:
1. Goals and assists this year. I’ve now started using this years stats although its very early to draw a picture
2. Time per point scored this year. This is how many minutes it takes for a Barclays fantasy premier league point to be scored over the course of last season. The lower the better obviously. I’ve now moved to this years stats
3. Rotation risk. High, medium or low. High is the greatest risk of rotation.
4. Fixture ease ranking: The link is at the bottom of the article but essentially I’ve ranked all the teams by the ease of the first 6 fixtures. The team with the best ranking ie 1 will have the easiest next fixtures of any of the fantasy premier league teams over the next 6 games.
5. Consistency: The % of times that the player got a goal or assist or 2 point minimum bonus when starting as a % of games played
6. I’ve also ranked them in their categories as who I think is currently the best choice
1. Giroud (£9.0m) BUY
- Goals and assists least year: 4 goals 1 assists. Time per point scored: 11.4 mins . Rotation risk: low. fixture ease ranking: 10th. Consistency 4/5 80% Next 6 fixtures: SWA A, WBA A, NOR H, CPAL A, LIV H MANU A
First blank last week but still good fixtures to go and Ozil to create chances for him. Fantastic start and now has Ozil to create even more chances for him. Best Underlying shooting stats of any forward and creating chances for others as well.
2. RVP (£14.0m) HOLD
- Goals and assists: 3 goals 0 assists. Time per point scored: 16.4 mins . Rotation risk: low. fixture ease ranking: 8th. Consistency 2/4 50% Next 6 fixtures: WBA H, SUND A, SOUTH H, STOKE H, FUL A, ARS H
I’d like to think that anyone who has an “outside chance” of being fit for GW6 will appear in GW7 as a run of good fixtures before Arsenal starts. I still have confidence given the shooting stats that he will continue returning and be the default captain option.
3. Rooney (£10.5m) BUY
- Goals and assists: 2 goals and 2 assists: Time per point scored: 12.4 mins . Rotation risk: low. fixture ease ranking: 8th. Consistency 3/4 75% Next 6 fixtures: WBA H, SUND A, SOUTH H, STOKE H, FUL A, ARS H
A £3.5m saving on RVP at the sacrifice of playing in a withdrawn role behind him and not having pens. If RVP is injured for longer could even lead the line. Doesn’t really get into the box and shoot enough in his withdrawn role for my liking but the guy is a proven goal scorer and 3/4 returns and 2 goals and 2 assists in 4 games speaks for itself. Although I would stick with RVP he’s a definite alternative
4. Suarez (£10.9m)BUY
Only RVP outshone him last year and was fantastic given the time off against Man Utd in last nights Capital One cup. Should stat given that performance and Liverpools hiccup against Southampton. Great fixtures of Sund A, CPal H, Newc A, WBA H, Ars A, Ful H.
5. Sturridge (£9.3m) BUY
- Goals and assists: 4 goals 0 assists. Time per point scored: 14.5 mins . Rotation risk: low. fixture ease ranking: 1st. Consistency 4/5 100% Next 6 fixtures: Sund A, CPal H, Newc A, WBA H, Ars A, Ful H.
Big hiccup in GW5 but Suarez coming back still ended with Sturridge mainly in the central position in last nights Cap 1 cup. Underlying stats don’t really support 80% consistency but you cant deny his finishing. Doesn’t have pens which is a bit of a disadvantage but still good fixtures make him an attractive proposition.
6. Soldado (£9.7m) HOLD
- Goals and assists: 2 goals 0 assists. Time per point scored: 20.7mins. Rotation risk: low. fixture ease ranking: 4th . Consistency 2/5 40% Next 6 fixtures: Chel H, WHam H, Villa A, Hull H, Evtn A, Newc H
3 games in a row with no returns but good underlying stats. Has pen duties as well as Erriksen joining to add to the creativity. Fixtures are mainly good though after the Chelsea game which is a natural selling point if your’e wanting to exit
7. Lukaku (£7.4m) BUY
Goals and assists: 1 goals 0 assists. Time per point scored: 9.6 . Rotation risk: low. fixture ease ranking: 3rd. Consistency 1/3 33% Next 6 fixtures: Newc H, ManC A, Hull H, Villa A, Tot H, CPal A
Was brilliant against West Ham. A fantastic player and an absolute bargain at this price. Should be the main man and get lots of chances at Everton even with Pienaar injured
8. Negredo (£9.3m) BUY
- Goals and assists: 2 goals 2 assists. Time per point scored: 10.0 mins . Rotation risk: high. fixture ease ranking: 15. Consistency 3/5 60% Next 6 fixtures: Villa A, Evertn H, WHam A, Chels A, Nor H, Sund A
2 assists on Saturday and still the leading City striker in my mind as he plays the furthest up the pitch. Also a reasonable price compared to Aguero. You’ll have to accept rotation but that will just be a fact of life if you own City fantasy premier league assets. Mixed fixtures and rotation lessen the attraction.
Benteke (£9.3m) SELL
Out for 6 weeks
Bony (£7.7m) SELL
- Goals and assists: 1 goals o assists. Time per point scored: 19.7 . Rotation risk: medium. fixture ease ranking: 7thth. Consistency 1/4 25%
Dropped for the Palace game and with a couple of trickier games its now time to sell in my mind
With the bonus awards focused on goals then I really cant see the sense in a budget filler for a striker. I’ll give the information but I’m not going to BUY HOLD OR SELL them
- Goals and assists: 1 goals and 0 assists: Time per point scored last year: 24 mins . Rotation risk: medium. fixture ease ranking: 19th. Consistency 1/5 20%
Not really shown much and difficult to see more coming given te difficult fixtures coming up.
- Goals and assists: 0 goals and 0 assists: Time per point scored: 36 mins . Rotation risk: medium. fixture ease ranking: 5th. Consistency 0/4 0%
Seems to have taken over Crouchs position for the moment but the stats speak for them selves
Follow us on twitter @fantasyfoot20 or facebook at www.facebook.com/fantasyfootballgeek.co.uk
Fox Sports EPL fantasy: League name: fantasyfootballgeek League access code: (10513-1773)