Jordan Sadler has provided this helpful fantasy premier league tips article with the potential premier league team lineups for GW5. It also includes injury information and where the potential lineup unknowns are.
fantasy premier league tips – potential premier league lineups for GW5
These are my predicted lineups for gameweek 5. These should become more accurate the further into the season we get. There are also a list of injured players for each club and their expected return dates.
Key: Two players separated by a / means I’m unsure which of the two will start. A player in grey means there is a potential chance they may start instead of the player in white.
No new injuries for Arsenal this week so I’d expect a similar line up to last week. I’d expect Lacazette to start with Aubameyang out on the left with two of Ramsey, Ozil and Mkhitaryan making up the front 4. Once again I feel like Torreira could start in midfield over one of Guendouzi or Xhaka, I’m still confused why he hasn’t started a game yet as I saw a lot of him last year and he’s comfortably better than both of them.
– Sead Kolasinac: Knee injury (October return expected)
– Laurent Koscielney: Achilles injury (November return expected)
– Ainsley Maitland-Niles: Leg injury (November return expected)
I’d expect Howe to go back to 4-4-2 this game after playing 3-4-3 against Chelsea. With Daniels out I’d expect Rico to retain his place at LB with Adam Smith moving back to RB and Brooks coming in at RM like in the first three games. Surman was dropped for Lerma last week and I have no reason to believe it’ll switch back but there is always the possibility. Fraser is a concern after sustaining an injury on international duty, therefore I’d expect Ibe to come in for him if he is unable to play.
– Charlie Daniels: Knee injury (25% chance)
– Ryan Fraser: Hamstring injury (75% chance)
– Junior Stanislas: Knee injury (22nd September return expected)
– Marc Pugh: Hamstring injury (25% chance)
Dunk made a surprise return last week so I’d expect the back 4 to be unchanged from last game. Groß is a doubt due to an ankle injury so I’d expect Bissouma to come in for him if he’s unable to play.
– Florine Andone: Lack of match fitness (75% chance)
– Pascal Groß: Ankle injury (75% chance)
– Jose Izquierdo: Lack of match fitness (75% chance)
Burnley haven’t been the solid defensive unit we expect so far this season so it really wouldn’t surprise me to see Heaton come in for Hart as he’s really the only change in their back line from last season. I’d expect them to go with their normal back 4 though we could see Bardsley in at RB over Lowton. Gudmundsson has returned from injury so I’d expect him to come back in for Taylor who played last game week. Wood seemed quite isolated in the Man United game so I do think there’s an outside we could see a switch from 4-4-1-1 to 4-4-2 with Vokes or Barnes coming in for Hendrick.
– Robbie Brady: Lack of match fitness (30th September return expected)
– Steven Defour: Calf injury (30th September return expected)
– Nick Pope: Shoulder dislocation (unknown return)
– Ben Gibson: Abdominal injury (22nd September return expected)
Warnock switched to a 4-4-2 last week against Arsenal last game week and in his press conference he stated that he felt Ward and Reid were his best strike partnership currently so I’d assume he’s going to stick with that.
– Aron Gunnarsson: Knee injury (50% chance)
– Josh Murphy: Knock (75% chance)
– Nathaniel Mendez-Laing: Knee injury (November return expected)
I’d expect just one change from Sarri: Willian out, Pedro in. I honestly don’t really understand why he didn’t start Pedro last week as he’s the man in form and scoring off the bench only confirmed that further.
– Cesc Fabregas: Knee injury (75% chance)
– Emerson: Illness (75% chance)
– Ruben Loftus-Cheek: Knock (75% chance)
– Davide Zappacosta: Illness (75% chance)
With Benteke injured I’d expect Ayew to come in for him. Zaha could be fit for tomorrow but if he isn’t then I’d expect Sorloth to come in for him. Hodgson said both Meyer and Kouyate are ready to go at any moment so that does put Schlupp’s and Milivojevic’s places in jeopardy, if not now then certainly in the near future. If Tomkins is fit he’ll come in for Kelly but from what I can tell he still seems to be out currently.
– Scott Dann: Knee injury (unknown return)
– Christian Benteke: Knee injury (unknown return)
– James Tomkins: Calf injury (50%)
– Papa Souare: Muscle injury (75%)
– Wilfried Zaha: Groin injury (75%)
Once again a long injury list for Everton. With Coleman out I’d expect Kenny to come in for him. If Walcott isn’t fit for tomorrow then I’d expect Calvert-Lewin to move out to the right with Bernard coming in at the left. Gueye is also a doubt and so I’d expect Davies to replace him if he is unable to play.
– Theo Walcott: Rib injury (75% chance)
– Bernard: Muscle injury (16th September return expected)
– Seamus Coleman: Foot injury (29th September return expected)
– Idrissa Gueye: Knee injury (25% chance)
– Phil Jagielka: Knee injury (23rd September return expected)
– Richarlison: 1 match ban (23rd September return)
– James McCarthy: Leg injury (Unknown return)
– Michael Keane: Head injury (23rd September return expected)
– Yerry Mina: Foot injury (16th September return expected)
– Andre Gomes: Thigh injury (23rd September return expected)
Tough to predict the Fulham line up right now with so many new faces in the squad. I’d imagine Bettinelli will hold his place though I’d personally like to see Rico playing soon as 2-3 years ago he was fantastic for Sevilla. Fosu-Mensah will start at RB and I’d expect Mawson to play at CB but then I think there’s one of three options for the left side of defence: Le Marchand LB, Odoi CB; Bryan LB, Odoi CB; Bryan LB, Le Marchand CB. If I were to make a guess I’d go Bryan LB, Le Marchand CB but either way I doubt it’ll matter as I can’t see them not conceding. I’d expect the same midfield and forward line as last week but there is a chance Johansen comes in for Anguissa or Sessegnon comes in for Vietto.
– Neeskens Kebano: Ankle injury (29th September return expected)
– Tim Ream: Knock (22nd September return expected)
– Tom Cairney: Ankle injury (22nd September return expected)
Hamer’s back from his injury so I’d expect him to start pushing Lossl for his starting spot. I’d expect the team to return to a 4-2-3-1 against Palace after playing 5 at the back the last two games, with Pritchard reclaiming his spot in CAM and Mooy joining Billing in the double pivot.
– Juninho Bacuna: Knock (75% chance)
– Adama Diakhaby: Knock (75% chance)
– Colin Quaner: Knock (75% chance)
– Johnathan Hogg: 1 match ban (22nd September return)
Jamie Vardy returns from his suspension this week so I’d expect him to lead the line for Leicester against Bournemouth. I’d expect Pereira to join Maddison and Gray in the attacking mid roles however I do think there’s a chance of Albrighton playing with Pereira moving to RB. There is also an outside chance of Ghezzal playing there but I think currently Albrighton is above him in the pecking order.
I’d expect Klopp to return to his full strength squad this week which in my opinion is with Wijnaldum in the number 6 role joined by Keita and Milner in the number 8 roles. However, Henderson could also take that number 6 role joined by Milner or Wijnaldum alongside Keita.
– Adam Lallana: Groin injury (22nd September return expected)
– Dejan Lovren: Pelvic injury (15th September return expected)
– Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain: Knee injury (unknown return)
Just like last week I’m really not sure how Pep will set up tomorrow. He could go with his typical 4-1-4-1 but could also be 4-1-3-2, 3-5-2, 3-4-3 as he just has so many options. The players I am convinced that will play however are Aguero, Ederson, Fernandinho and Mendy so I hope that helps… otherwise it’s anyone’s guess.
– Claudio Bravo: Achilles injury (unknown return)
– Danilo: Ankle sprain (unknown return)
– Kevin De Bruyne: Knee injury (November return expected)
After an excellent performance versus Burnley I can’t imagine Mourinho will want to mess with his side much. I’d expect to see the midfield of Fellaini, Pogba and Matic and the front line of Sanchez, Lukaku and Lingard once again. The only change I’d expect is Ashley Young in for Luke Shaw after his head injury though I did hear he’d been given the all clear but I also heard he didn’t travel with the squad so make of that what you will.
– Diogo Dalot: Knee injury (15th September return expected)
– Marouane Fellaini: Back injury (75% chance)
– Ander Herrera: Ankle injury (75% chance)
– Phil Jones: Hamstring injury (22nd September return expected)
– Marcos Rojo: Knock (15th September return expected)
– Marcus Rashford: 3 match ban (29th September return expected)
I’d expect Rafa Benitez to stick with the 5-4-1 formation he deployed against Chelsea and Man City the last two games. In fact I’d expect him to stick with the exact same team as against Man City.
– Florian Lejeune: Knee injury (unknown return)
– Javier Manquillo: Leg injury (15th September return expected)
Both Long and Austin are doubts for this game so whichever is fit will play in my opinion. However, if neither are fit then I’d expect Gabbiadini to come in and partner Ings up front. The only other question for me was Hojbjerg or Romeu but I’d personally expect Hojbjerg to hold his place after a very impressive performance last game.
– Charlie Austin: Hamstring injury (75% chance)
– Shane Long: Toe injury (75% chance)
Lloris is out injured for several weeks therefore Vorm will take his place in goal. Alli is also out injured so I’d expect Son to come in for him. I’d assume Pochettino will go for a back 4 against Liverpool rather than a back 3 as I can’t imagine him thinking a back 3 against Liverpool’s front 3 is smart. Therefore I’d expect Sanchez to drop out and Dier to come back in joining Dembele in a double pivot.
– Hugo Lloris: Thigh injury (October return expected)
– Vincent Janssen: Foot injury (unknown return)
– Moussa Sissoko: Hamstring injury (22nd September return expected)
– Son Heung-min: Asian games (15th September return)
– Erik Lamela: Hamstring injury (75% chance)
– Dele Alli: Hamstring injury (22nd September return expected)
4 games, 4 wins, 4 identical starting line ups, and I see no reason for that to change this week neither.
– Tom Cleverley: Achilles injury (unknown return)
– Gerard Deulofeu: Muscle injury (22nd September return expected)
As I said last week it seems to be a battle between Diop and Ogbonna for the second CB spot alongside Balbuena and right now I think Diop is winning so I’d expect to see him retain his place. Masuaka has returned from injury so I’d expect him to push Cresswell for a starting spot again. With Wilshire injured and Noble returning from injury it seems like a natural replacement. Pellegrini has said Yarmolenko is still adjusting to the league therefore it would make me think Antonio and Snodgrass will once again be on the wings with Anderson in CAM and Arnautovic at CF.
– Javier Hernandez: Illness (75% chance)
– Jack Wilshere: Ankle injury (23rd September return expected)
– Andy Carroll: Ankle injury (unknown return)
– Manuel Lanzini: Knee injury (unknown return)
– Winston Reid: Knee injury (unknown return)
Wolves once again have every player available bar Cavaleiro and so once again I’d expect the same line up. Traore scored the winner against West Ham and has looked excellent every time he’s been subbed on so it really wouldn’t surprise me to see him take the place of Jota or Costa in the starting 11 very soon.
– Ivan Cavaleiro: Back injury (unknown return)
See the FFGeek team article our the FFGeek contributors show their teams part 1 and contributors part 2 , last seasons 412 overall finisher Paul Williams on the midfield conundrum of Salah, Mane and Hazard, the bandwagons and sinking ships article Rob Reids August review the FFGeek contributors imaginary wildcard teams part 1, 10 top FPL managers article, the underlying stats GW4 article, Jordans wildcard team, the early thoughts on the FFGeek team article and the fixture ease article
Geek League links and details
Enter PIN: 8367679
League PIN is SGDKX9Y3
Telegraph free to enter £100 prize League PIN 8000919 Passcode 0417
Telegraph £2 cash league League PIN 8161359 Passcode 0050